Brulin History

Brulin was established in 1935 by a German immigrant, Louis Brunner, and his business partner, Julius Dulin. These gentlemen not only pooled their resources, but their names as well, and “ Brulin” came to be.

In the beginning our product line consisted of four waxes, one general purpose cleaner, and a bowl cleaner. Today, we offer over 150 products, sold worldwide.

In 2015, Brulin consolidated with Patco Food Safety under the BHC, Inc. umbrella. BHC now supports and markets two trust brand names - Brulin and Patco Food Safety.

In addition to the main office and plant in Indianapolis, BHC operates a branch in Stockton, California. As an international organization, BHC has distributors throughout the United States, Asia and Europe. Our Area Managers are located throughout the country to serve a diverse marketplace with research-developed, state-of-the-art chemical technologies.

Brulin branded products are designed to meet virtually every conceivable maintenance need for Building Maintenance, Industrial and Process Manufacturers, and Health Care Facilities. All Brulin products are manufactured and tested to meet BHC's stringent quality assurance and specification standards. In 1999 we became certified to the ISO 9002:94 standard, in January, 2003 we were certified to the ISO 9001:2000 standard and in December, 2009 we became certified to the ISO 9001:2008 standard.

We are determined to supply the best maintenance chemicals in the industry and the highest quality service month after month and year after year. Our Quality Policy reflects that commitment:

  • BHC supplies only high quality products and services that conform to specifications and provide total customer satisfaction.
  • BHC is committed to meeting the requirements of our quality system and strives to continually improve its effectiveness.